Our ROMAN SHORE EXCURSION ‘Classic’ Includes 2 full days, 2 overnight stay for 2 guests.
Pick-up at your ship in Civitavecchia Drop-off at Rome Fiumicino Airport
Rome Wasn’t built in a day, but maybe you can visit it in two! Make the most of your trip to Rome! Let us do the planning and coordinating for you. Relax and enjoy the highlights of the city, including some off-the-beaten-track sites It has been said that if you were to visit one thing a day in Rome, it would take you two and a half years to visit everything. No wonder they call Rome ‘The Eternal City’.
You will tour the Vatican Museums with our private guide who will also take you to visit the major highlights of the city. You will also be taken to some of the most fascinating spots that are off-thebeaten-tourist-track. You will be able to check off the best known historical wonders, romantic piazzas and lively trattorias from your wish-list. Imagine that you are strolling around, working off a pile of spaghetti alla carbonara, humming along to the tunes of the sidewalk buskers, when you casually arrive before the Trevi Fountain. If we arrive there during the evening, it will be lit up in all it 18th century glory. Be sure to have a coin ready!
● Pick-up from Civitavecchia Port and drop-off at Rome Fiumicino Airport.
● Light lunch at a local trattoria, unless otherwise noted.
● All tour fees and administrative costs to all sites on the itinerary.
● Dinners and Gratuities
● You will be picked up the port of Civitavecchia by our chauffeured car and taken to your residence in the center of Rome.
● Here you will be met by our team member to check you in and after a short stroll, have a light lunch in a typical Roman trattoria.
● The rest of the afternoon we will stroll around with you and visit the following sites before heading back to your residence:
○ Spanish Steps
○ Trevi fountain
○ Piazza Navona
○ Back to your residence after a stroll
● You will be picked up and taken to the Vatican for an early entrance to the museum. This tour includes breakfast inside one of the Vatican courtyards (weather permitting).
○ After breakfast you will tour the Vatican Museum prior to it being open to the public. Following that, we will walk inside St. Peter’s Basilica.
○ Lunch will be with the nuns or at a local restaurant.
● In the afternoon, we will take a taxi to the Colosseum and ‘skip the line’ to enter the Colosseum and ancient Rome.
● At about 6 pm, you will be driven to your residence for the evening when you will be free to enjoy Rome at your own pace.
● In the morning, our chauffeured car will pick you up and take you to Rome Fiumicino Airport.