Our Italian Olive Picking Experience is an opportunity to help us and other members of the Vallecorsa community, bring in their olives.
Olive picking in the region of Lazio, begins in mid October. During this time the olives are very young and produce the best quality olive oil known as ‘the first press’. Many in the local community produce olive oil for their own use and we thought you might want to lend a hand.
Your 7 night Italian Olive Picking Experience doesn’t only include picking olives. A pdf version is available HERE. As well as homemade local dishes and other great Italian food, we are including the following in this tour:
- Olive picking and a tour of our local Frantoio.
- A visit to one of the largest markets in the area.
- A nice walk into the mountains.
- Learning to make pizza with Antonello.
- Truffle hunting.
- A trip to a local winery.
- Dinners with the family.
- A day at the spa.
- A trip to Monte Cassino.
- AND … depending on the exact dates that you are with us, you could experience a traditional Italian festival.