Our ROMAN SHORE EXCURSION ‘Classic’ Includes 3 full days, 3 overnight stay for 2 guests
Pick-up at Civitavecchia Port Drop-off at Rome Fiumicino Airport
Rome Wasn’t built in a day, but maybe you can visit it in two! Make the most of your trip to Rome! Let us do the planning and coordinating for you. Relax and enjoy the highlights of the city, including some off-the-beaten-track sites It has been said that if you were to visit one thing a day in Rome, it would take you two and a half years to visit everything. No wonder they call Rome ‘The Eternal City’.
You will tour the Vatican Museums with our private guide who will also take you to visit the major highlights of the city. You will also be taken to some of the most fascinating spots that are off-thebeaten-tourist-track. You will be able to check off the best known historical wonders, romantic piazzas and lively trattorias from your wish-list. Imagine that you are strolling around, working off a pile of spaghetti alla carbonara, humming along to the tunes of the sidewalk buskers, when you casually arrive before the Trevi Fountain. If we arrive there during the evening, it will be lit up in all it 18th century glory. Be sure to have a coin ready!
Roman Forum Palatine Hill Colosseum Via dei Fori Imperiali Castel Sant’Angelo Saint Peter’s Basilica The Spanish Steps The Trevi Fountain Vatican Museum The Sistine Chapel The Pantheon Your guide in Rome, Richie
Our price is for two people, for three full days and three overnight stays.
● Pick-up at Civitavecchia Port and drop-off at Rome Fiumicino Airport
● Light lunch at a local trattoria, unless otherwise noted. ● All tour fees and administrative costs to all sites on the itinerary.
● Dinners and Gratuities
● You will be picked up at the port by our chauffeured car and taken to your residence in the center of Rome.
● Here you will be met by our team member to check you in and after a short stroll, have a light lunch in a typical Roman trattoria.
● The rest of the afternoon we will stroll around with you and visit the following sites before heading back to your residence:
○ Spanish Steps
○ Trevi fountain
○ Piazza Navona
○ Back to your residence after a stroll
● You will be picked up and taken to the Vatican for an early entrance to the museum. This tour includes breakfast inside one of the Vatican courtyards (weather permitting).
○ After breakfast you will tour the Vatican Museum prior to it being open to the public. Following that, we will walk inside St. Peter’s Basilica.
○ Lunch will be with the nuns or at a local restaurant.
● In the afternoon, we will take a taxi to the Colosseum and ‘skip the line’ to enter the Colosseum and ancient Rome.
● At about 6 pm, you will be driven to your residence for the evening when you will be free to enjoy Rome at your own pace.
● Tivoli (Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este) Departing from Rome, this tour includes visits to both Villa d’Este and Hadrian’s Villa.
○ The Italian town of Tivoli is just east of Rome and is home to luxurious residences, splendid villas and two famous UNESCO World Heritage sites: The Renaissance Palace of Villa d’Este and the ruins of Hadrian’s villa Adriana, the grand 2nd century estate of Emperor Hadrian of ancient Rome. Known for its extravagant gardens and water fountains. Tivoli gardens was a favorite vacation spot during the Renaissance. Famous for its views from the Vialone Terrace and the ‘movie-famous’ Oval Fountain and One Hundred Fountains, was commissioned by Cardinal Ippolito. A visit to both sites entails garden walks, enchanting vistas and of a variety of ancient architectural styles. This visit offers a quiet and elegant escape from the city. We will pause a while in the town of Tivoli and enjoy a light lunch followed by some gelato.
○ At Hadrian’s villa, you will tour the archaeological remains of temples, libraries and thermal baths, the Maritime Theater which is set on a man-made island at the center of a round pool, the Grand Piazza d’Oro, the Imperial Palace and The Canopus, a replica of the Temple of Serapis found near Alexandria in the Nile Delta.
● In the morning, our chauffeured car will pick you up and take you to Rome Fiumicino Airport.